Coonhound Paralysis

This blog talks about our experience when Goya (our 150lb English Mastiff) came down with coonhound paralysis (also called acute idiopathic polyradiculoneuritis).

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Everybody's Blogging

Wonderfully, several more blogs are appearing about dogs with coonhound paralysis. It's not wonderful that other dogs are afflicted, but it is wonderful that the internet lets us find each other and share information.

When people tell me their URLs, I will put them in the sidebar of this blog. I've put two there already, about Kiera and Lexi.

The best part about these blogs is that these dogs are recovering much more rapidly than Goya did and so this disease doesn't seem as unmanageable as it was for an old 150-lb mastiff. Keep the faith, folks!

4 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 25, 01:17:00 AM EDT, Blogger Joanne said…

    Hi,
    I was sorry to read about Goya. I have read your blog many many times over the last few months and just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the fact it was there to read.

    My dog, Sophie was diagnosed with ideopathic polyradiculoneuritis in October 2007. I think she may have been fairly severely affected as she lost all movement (could not blink or even raise her head) when she was at her worst. She was hospitalized for a week and then I nursed her at home the whole time she was paralyzed. She became paralyzed on the 22nd of October, 2007 and stood for the first time without collapsing on the 26th January 2008 - 14 weeks in all. She can now get up herself and can walk unaided but is still recovery her strength and muscle tone. I am holding out for a full recovery. It was the longest and most difficult 14 weeks of my life but it was worth it. Even though we have never met, you helped me so much during that time.

    thanks

    Jo and Sophie
    Brisbane, Australia

     
  • At Mon May 09, 12:45:00 AM EDT, Anonymous contract manufacturing said…

    I was sorry to read about Goya. I have read your blog many many times over the last few months and just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the fact it was there to read.

     
  • At Wed Nov 09, 04:20:00 AM EST, Anonymous laser marking said…

    I think she may have been fairly severely affected as she lost all movement (could not blink or even raise her head) when she was at her worst

     
  • At Fri Nov 03, 01:45:00 PM EDT, Blogger Linda Peters said…

    Hello,
    Many other blog dogs are presenting with around paralysis. It's not that surprising that other dogs are lean, but it's not surprising that the internet lets us find each other and share information.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home